Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Had some time to finally mix some fabric dye into permanate containers with lids. Did strips to tie around to label. I will probably photo that once thats finished as well.
I was thinking about that corner lay technique that gives a fun and stable look to bags. Had to try it, as well as, its reversible! yay!
I have been wearing a lot of dresses(no pockets) lately and its really hard to carry around my phone since i am such a hands on person I prefer my hands to be free so i can experience. To fix this problem I used some of my left over ultra suede, just serge 2 pieces together. Did some fun pink hand stitching. Wish I had a cuter button. I also tore and braided this cute floral fabric for the necklace part. Figured it was a good color to go with my clothes. :)
phew.... big day!
all this and I also had class this morning, wrote a paper, finished my presentation and packed for camping... and its not even dinner time yet.
its amazing what I accomplish when Im up before 8am.
P.s. I also had a lil nap... haha
Posted by Sam... at 6:10 PM
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Shorts and tee both from Goodwill both up-cycled into new designs. The shorts where jeans, I cut into shorts with slits. T-shirt neck and sleeves cut off. Hem was snipped then ripped however it ripped.
Wedges: not sure where i got them but the brand is 'Classified'
shades from Aldo
some water color painting
sketches for final collection.
Posted by Sam... at 1:17 AM
Monday, August 22, 2011
Posted by Sam... at 8:55 PM
watercolor backgrounds from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.
I found this blog through pinterest.com and fell in love. I've found it in my best interest to procrastinate from homework and scroll her blog and watch her videos into the late late night. The late night being almost 2am now... She gets my inspiration, creative bones tingling!!!
Posted by Sam... at 1:44 AM
Sunday, August 7, 2011
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
So, obviously I ended up changing my concept board slightly... went with a disco floral theme. comments were too add more color to the last too, make larger and more abstract disco references like in the first.
Over all, I had a lot of fun doing these prints. I will fix them up and post the new ones.
Posted by Sam... at 12:51 AM